BOTSWANA – INTO THE WILDERNESS
7-Day Safari In Botswana’s Okavango Delta and the Linyanti Concession
Your journey explores two unique wilderness areas that have been shaped by the southernmost fault lines of Africa’s iconic Great Rift Valley. Formed by seasonal flooding due to rains that have fallen in the Angolan Highlands, this fascinating inland delta is frequently inundated during the dry winter months. Our safari begins in the heart of the Okavango exploring the Xigera Concession from the beautiful island that is home to Xigera Camp.
Heading north to Linyanti Tented Camp, you will have the opportunity to explore the riverine woodlands of the Linyanti River – famed for the sharp change in its course due to the fault lines of the Great Rift. The river and associated floodplains are a hive of activity as large numbers of general game such as impala, zebra and kudu head to the life-giving water. The presence of these animals attracts the associated predators, in particular leopard and wild dog. The Linyanti Concession also has a reputation for its large concentrations of elephant.
Explore the Xigera Concession
- Activities offered include boating, mokoro trips, game drives and walks.
- This true wetland paradise is a delight for birdwatchers and lovers of tranquil beauty
- The best place in the Delta to see the elusive sitatunga antelope
See The Wildlife Rich Linyanti Concession
- An enormous wildlife-rich area with unrivaled remoteness and space
- Home to the exceptional Savute Channel, Selinda Spillway and Linyanti River
- Along with huge elephant herds the area is also home to healthy predator numbers including a high number of Endangered wild dog
- OKAVANGO DELTA: XIGERA CAMP, 3 Nights
- LINYANTI CONCESSIONS: LINYANTI TENTED CAMP, 3 Nights
Interested in this Safari? Give us a call or drop us an email.
June 14, 2017
July 11, 2017
August 04, 2017
September 17, 2017
October 09, 2017
Value I Deluxe I Luxury
Call for pricing
*$ = >$4,999; $$ = $5,000 – $9,999; $$$ = $10,000+
All pricing per person based on double occupancy. Pricing varies based on travel dates, call for a customized quotation matching your travel needs. Changes to itinerary and pricing may apply. Price includes all accommodations, meals, some drinks, transfers, vehicles, park fees, guides and activities as indicated, and a $25 donation to a worthy African charity. Price excludes international flights, visas, tips, inoculations, travel insurance, and anything not specified above. We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover & AMEX. No refunds—see terms & conditions for details.