We’ve already been spending a lot of time planning and crafting the very best safari experiences to make 2010 unforgettable. We’ve come up with a short-list of our most highly recommended experiences in Africa and how you can make them a reality this year.
1) Climb Kilimanjaro: While reaching the summit of Africa’s highest peak may not be on everyone’s to-do list, those of you who are up to the challenge know who you are! There’s arguably nothing more memorable than sunrise at the top of the 19,000-foot-plus peak!
2) Snorkel with Whale Sharks: If you hit the Spice Island of Zanzibar during the right time of the year, you can snorkel along side these gentle giants and stay at one of many boutique beach-front lodges.
3) “Surf” the dunes of Sossusvlei: Head to off-the-beaten-path Namibia and watch the sunrise glow vibrant hues of red and orange over the tallest sand dunes in the world. Then surf your way down!
4) Splurge in Botswana: Take that once-in-a-lifetime safari that will leave you speechless on every level: unmatched wildlife, truly untouched wilderness and the top safari camps in Africa!
5) Step back in time in Ethiopia: You’ll feel like you are on the set of an Indiana Jones movie, but you’ll actually be exploring the living museum that is Ethiopia. From ancient stone-carved churches to hidden island monasteries, visit Ethiopia before everyone else does!
6) Honeymoon in Africa: There may not be anything more romantic Joy’s Camp in Shaba Reserve than a classic African honeymoon! If this is your year to tie the knot, consider letting us design a custom honeymoon safari or chose from one of our carefully crafted favorites!
7) Track primates in Rwanda: Don’t forget the “little guys” – wild chimpanzee, Golden and colobus monkey before moving up to the majestic Silverbacks of Volcanoes National Park.
8) Experience a Classic Train Journey: Ride in the lap of luxury through South Africa’s beautiful countryside before arriving in the cosmopolitan city of Cape Town where wine tasting and gourmet cuisine abound!
10) Walk through the Wilderness: Explore some of Africa’s most untouched wilderness on a walking safari in Zambia. This intimate experience ends with time snorkeling and kayaking on Lake Malawi.