Kent and Kelly visited India with their two boys where they spent more than two weeks adventuring throughout the country – discovering its landscapes, wildlife, cultures and cuisine. We’ve modeled a special new trip, Incredible India!, based on their travels. Kent has shared his top trips for travel in this incredible destination.
Kent’s India Travel Tips
- Get your India e-visa 15-30 days in advance of your arrival.
- Pack light but bring a fleece or sweatshirt in case it’s cool, especially for winter travel.
- Women should dress modestly with covered shoulders and pants or skirts. Pants for men is the norm there, although shorts are worn by some visitors in some locations.
- Get your Zen on. India’s crowds, heat and smells can be intense at times!
- Be prepared for some longish drives and terrible traffic.
- Bring a dose of anti-diarrhea meds and an antibiotic just in case.
- Diet before you go as the food is delicious and sweets are plentiful. You’ll probably gain 5-10 pounds!
- Read about the destination before you go…it will enhance your experience greatly.
- Take plenty of cash for tips as they are customary for many services.
- If budget allows, stay in a palace for a few nights.
Learn more about our new Out of Africa travel portfolio!