Diana’s Top 5 Zimbabwe & Botswana Memories
The Africa Adventure Consultants team regularly travels to Africa to discover new safari options for our clients. Read on for highlights from Office Manager Diana Lopez-Ruiz’s recent tour.Traveling the world is amazing and rewarding! It was hard to narrow down a top five list, but these experiences really stand out from my recent trip to Africa.
- Visiting Chobe National Park. I absolutely loved my time at Muchenje Safari Lodge in Botswana’s Chobe National Park. The lodge is beautiful, with each cottage overlooking the Chobe River. I loved waking up early and sitting out on the deck watching the sunrise – just stunning! The game viewing was also fabulous. I saw elephants, lions, giraffes, baboons, lions, and tons of birds. And of course, I have to give kudos to the lovely hosts Toff and Kiddy. They make sure each guest is pampered and love sharing their African bush stories over dinner. A truly lovely experience.
- Helicopter Tour Over Victoria Falls. Nearly everyone has heard about the massive Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. But when you actually get to see them and soak in the view for yourself, it’s something else. I absolutely loved touring the Falls from above and watching the millions of gallons of water pouring over the edge. Sure, it’s just a 15-minute flight, but absolutely worth it. It’s a view I will keep with me for the rest of my life.
- Matobo National Park. Matobo National Park is known for its elegant balancing rock formations and for its Nswatugi Cave, with its Stone Age rock art. You can walk, hike, bike, rhino trek, or simply just relax and soak in the views in this unique park. The park has a zen feeling to it, making it a great place to unplug and unwind. It’s truly magnificent.
- Sunsets. I always, always have to mention the sunsets from each of my trips to Africa. They are simply mesmerizing. The fantastic color splashed across the sky, along with the chance to slow down to watch it transform while enjoying a sundowner makes every single one of them special. I wish I was back in Africa sipping on a gin and tonic soaking in the sunset view right now!
- The People. When you arrive in Africa, time just slows down. You are able to enjoy every moment and the people are so kind and caring. Each and every person I met on this trip was so friendly. I am always a bit nervous about meeting new people and encountering new cultures in a foreign country, but I have to say the people of Botswana and Zimbabwe have some of the warmest hearts I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.
- Whoops! I couldn’t stop at five! I would be remiss to not mention the elephants. Hwange National Park is home to approximately 45,000 elephants, many of whom migrate seasonally through the park and up to Chobe. This is one of the best places to see them in the whole of Africa. During the dry season, they gather at waterholes along with the park’s other prolific wildlife, making for great viewing (and photography!).
If you’re ready to make your own memories in Botswana and Zimbabwe, call or email us to get started.
1-866-778-1089 or email usContact Us