PHOTOGRAPHER GUIDED SAFARIS
Alex Walker’s Serian Set Departure ‘Teardrops’
Photographer: Penny Robartes
Penny Robartes is a professional fine art wildlife photographer whose work is easily recognized by her iconoclastic work that is recalibrating the way the world sees wildlife.
She has emerged as one of Africa’s great nature photographers, her stunning creations breathe life into natural encounters with the deftness of an artist’s brush.
In addition to set departure safaris, Penny spends 2 weeks in Tanzania as photographer in residence at Alex Walker’s Serian Tanzania Camps. Her passionate and relaxed manner enables her to connect with and inspire each of her guests as she assists them in capturing and exploring their own unique vision.
Additional Photographer Led Safaris
Great Plains Wild Studios
Photographer: Various professional photographic specialists, each experienced with local wildlife habitats and specifically with Great Plains Conservation.
Included In The Workshops
• Pre trip consultation from photographic specialist advising on equipment and preparation
• Professional safari photographer as your guide
• Both technical tuition and guidance in portfolio production and conservation photography
• Maximum 4 guests per vehicle, and no more then 8 photographers per workshop
• A program tailored around all abilities, from professionals to families, including smartphone
• In house image editing providing a complete portfolio ready on departure on a USB flash drive
Governors Private Camp Photographic Safaris
Photographer: Warren Samuels
Description: A series of Photographic Safaris in Masai Mara with world renowned photographer, film maker and wildlife guide Warren Samuels. This is a safari staying at Governors Private Camp where you will get the chance to hone your wildlife photography skills under the expert guidance of Warren Samuels.
Cats and Dogs Exclusive Photographic Safari
Photographer: Andrew Aveley
Description: The perfect expert-led Photographic Safari getaway combining the awesome Sabi Sand Reserve with the magestic Madikwe! Enjoy 2 nights at the Authentic South African Safari Lodge at Cheetah Plains & 4 nights at Jaci’s Lodges! This experience is extremely limited with availability for only 4 guests.
Premier Predator Safari by C4 Photo Safaris
Photographer: Greg du Toit
Description: Experience the ultimate predator viewing, with the ultimate predator photographer. Greg du Toit is an award winning professional wildlife photographer and predators are one of his specialties. Photographing them in a new light is another. If you are looking for a unique point of view with regards large mammals, predators, and action-based photography: Greg is the guide for you.
This itinerary is designed to meet the exact needs of a premier predator safari. Combining Mashatu’s open ruggedness- perfect for leopard- and Mala Mala’s notoriety on the big cat front you will have access to the best there is to offer on a big cat photo experience.
Jaci’s Lodge In-Resident Photography Expert
Photographer: Andrew Aveley
Description: Jaci’s Lodges offers the following amenities to interested nature and wildlife photographers:
1. The Terrapin Hide: a submerged photographic hide located in the Jaci’s Waterhole. This hide provides an incredible water level photographic shooting angle of all the animals that come down to drink at the waterhole. It is accessed via an underwater tunnel and due to the camp being fenced, it is accessible 24/7 without the need for a guide.
2. A specialized photographic vehicle which is equipped with Gimpro game viewer mounts and professional level equipment for use on the vehicle is available. Guests would need to book a seat (additional charge per person per photographic drive).
3. Jaci’s has secured the services of acclaimed wildlife and nature photographer Andrew Aveley as their resident photographic professional. Andrew will be on the specialized photographic vehicle with the guests, teaching them everything from basic operations of the equipment to editing in the studio after photographic safaris.
Masai Mara Exclusive Safari
Photographers: Shem Compion / Andre Cloete / Isak Pretorius
Description: These professional wildlife photographers know the Masai Mara ecosystem extremely well (15 seasons between them) and have the knowledge to put you in the right place for exceptional photographs. There is nothing like being driven by a professional photographer when photographing in nature. Using their many years of driving and photographing in nature, your photographic advantage is unequaled in any other safari that you may take in Africa. This is the ultimate way to photograph wildlife.