Established Denver-based tour operator providing customized safari tours to East and Southern Africa seeks self-motivated, experienced, results-oriented safari sales specialist/inside sales rep to help the company grow. Candidates must be dedicated to excellence, have a passion for Africa, and enjoy using consultative sales approaches to designing and selling customized safari tours to adventure and luxury-oriented clientele. Candidates must have traveled to East and Southern Africa and have a minimum of three years of experience designing and selling customized tours. Interested applicants who meet the stated qualifications should send a cover letter and resume to us viaemail. Please be sure to include a statement on why you want this position and your salary requirements.
Job Title: Safari Specialist (Inside sales) Job Description: The Safari Specialist is an inside sales position focused on selling customized safaris and group tours to destinations throughout East and Southern Africa. Safari Specialists focus on accurately identifying client needs, designing customized itineraries to meet those needs, and selling them. They also manage the operational, customer service and financial aspects of each booking. They represent the company at events such as association meetings, industry conferences and consumer shows.
• Use consultative sales approach to design and sell customized safari tours.
• Quickly and accurately qualify leads via email correspondence and phone interviews.
• Accurately prioritize work based on profitability and likelihood of closing the sale.
• Research and design creative customized safari proposals to meet client expectations.
• Identify competitive and other threats to closing sales and implement strategic responses.
• Effectively work with support team to research and sell insurance and flight options.
• Provide management with weekly activity and results reports vs. sales goals.
• Work strategically with Africa-based partners to price and reserve safari itineraries.
• Service existing customers including answering pre-trip questions and managing itinerary, date and flight changes.
• Post-trip follow-up including interviews with returning clients and investigating complaints and working with partner suppliers and management to resolve outstanding issues.
• Consistently track and file information and correspondences on new inquiries, current leads and confirmed trips.
• Meet with partner suppliers to get updates and learn about new products.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Gather marketplace information on pricing, products, and new developments, trends, etc.
• Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
Skills: Ability to meet sales goals; effective selling and closing skills; ability to quickly understand customer needs and establish positive relationships with them; ability to find solutions to customer problems, even difficult ones; ability to work with a team; mastery of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills.
Experience/Qualifications: Candidates must be dedicated to excellence, have a passion for Africa, and enjoy designing and selling customized safari tours. Candidates must have traveled to East and Southern Africa and have good knowledge of safari options in those regions. They must have a minimum of three years of experience selling safaris to Africa, preferably to high-income, high-budget customers.
Why You Want This Job:
• You have a passion for Africa.
• You are industrious and like the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
• You like to work with other highly productive people.
• You enjoy the sales process and meeting quotas.
• You are a high-energy person, motivated to exceed expectations.
• You are energized by meeting sales quotas.
• You are energized by meeting customer needs.