Job Title: Safari Concierge (Customer Service Specialist)
Job Description: Africa Adventure Consultants is a growing, award-winning travel company specializing in wildlife and adventure safaris to Africa and select “Out of Africa” destinations. Our Safari Concierges are detail-oriented, tech-savvy, energetic team players who provide outstanding customer service to our discerning clients. From our Denver office, Safari Concierges work closely with other team members, focusing on creating itineraries, coordinating flights and insurance, answering pre-trip questions, making reservations, fulfilling special requests and resolving issues.
- Work closely with Journey Specialists and company management to ensure positive customer experiences from time of booking to post-safari issue resolution.
- Create and proof trip costing sheets and itineraries using Excel, Word and WETU.
- Respond to client requests and answer questions by phone and email.
- Book travel arrangements including accommodations, activities and transfers.
- Arrange travel insurance and flights.
- Collect customer forms and payments.
- Update tracking tools like Smartsheet, spreadsheets and CRM systems.
- Conduct pre-trip calls and post-trip surveys.
- Field and action special requests from guests.
- Support the sales team with customer relations and creating special experiences.
- Other general office duties including answering phones, printing and mailing materials, etc.
Skills: Ability to juggle multiple projects, tasks and priorities; Excellent verbal and written communications; Detailed oriented; Positive team player; Ability to quickly understand customer needs and establish positive relationships; Strong work ethic; Mastery of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Bonus for experience with Smartsheet, WETU and other travel programs;
Experience/Qualifications: Candidates must have traveled internationally, preferably to East and/or Southern Africa. Bonus for experience working with high-income, high-budget customers.
Why You Want This Job:
- You have a passion for travel, especially Africa.
- You are industrious and like the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
- You like to work with other highly productive people in a team atmosphere.
- You enjoy meeting and exceeding goals.
- You are energized by meeting customer needs.
Compensation: Entry level salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We currently have an opening for a Journey Specialist.
Job Title: Journey Specialist (Inside Sales)
Job Description: Award-winning outbound tour operator seeks a qualified Journey Specialist to help us expand our geographical coverage and assist with current Africa business. The Journey Specialist is an inside sales position—working out of our Denver-based office or from your home-based office—focused on designing and selling customized tours and safaris to wildlife and adventure destinations throughout East and Southern Africa, India, Asia, Antarctica, and South America. The Journey Specialist should be able to work independently, but in a team-based atmosphere, focusing on consultative sales. He or she should also enjoy managing the operational, customer service and financial aspects of each booking.
- Quickly and accurately qualify leads via email correspondence and phone interviews.
- Use consultative sales approach to design and sell customized tours.
- Accurately prioritize work based on profitability and likelihood of closing the sale.
- Research and design creative customized safari and tour proposals to meet client expectations.
- Identify competitive and other threats to closing sales and implement strategic responses.
- Work strategically with destination-based partners to price and reserve itineraries.
- Use Microsoft Office suite of products to price trips and communicate with clients and suppliers.
- Use WETU to create itineraries. Training available.
- Effectively work with support team to research and sell insurance and flight options.
- Answer pre-trip questions and manage itinerary, date and flight changes.
- Post-trip follow-up including interviews with returning clients and investigating complaints and working with partner suppliers and management to resolve outstanding issues.
- Meet with partner suppliers to get updates and learn about new products.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Travel to Denver for occasional meetings and trainings and to Africa for familiarization trips.
Skills: Ability to meet sales goals; effective sales and closing techniques; ability to quickly understand customer needs and establish positive relationships with them; ability to find solutions to customer problems; ability to work with a team; mastery of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Familiarity with or willingness to quickly master WETU and CRM products; excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills.
Experience/Qualifications: Candidates must be dedicated to excellence, have a passion for travel, and enjoy designing and selling customized tours. Candidates must have traveled to some key destinations. They must have a minimum of three years of experience designing and selling tours, preferably to high-end customers.
Why You Want This Job:
- You have a passion for Africa and secondarily, Asia, Antarctica and/or Central & South America.
- You are industrious.
- You like to work with other highly productive people in a collaborative environment.
- You enjoy the sales process including quickly understanding your customers and meeting sales quotas.
- You are a high-energy person, motivated to exceed expectations.
- You enjoy meeting customer needs.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and will include a base plus bonuses on sales performance and conversions.
Email cover letter, including a statement about why you want this job, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.