Award-winning outbound tour operator seeks a qualified Journey Specialist to help us grow our Africa and Out of Africa business. The Journey Specialist is an inside sales position—working out of our Denver-based office or from your home office—focused on designing and selling customized tours and safaris to wildlife and adventure destinations throughout East and Southern Africa, India, Asia, Antarctica and South America. The Journey Specialist should be able to work independently, but in a team-based atmosphere, focusing on consultative sales. He or she should also enjoy managing the operational, customer service and financial aspects of each booking.
- Quickly and accurately qualify leads via email correspondence and phone interviews.
- Use consultative sales approach to design and sell customized tours.
- Accurately prioritize work based on profitability and likelihood of closing the sale.
- Research and design creative customized safari and tour proposals to meet client expectations.
- Identify competitive and other threats to closing sales and implement strategic responses.
- Work strategically with destination-based partners to price and reserve itineraries.
- Use productivity tools such as Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook), Hubspot, WETU, Smartsheet and more.
- Effectively work with support team to research and sell insurance and flight options.
- Answer pre-trip questions and manage itinerary, date and flight changes.
- Post-trip follow-up including interviews with returning clients and investigating complaints and working with partner suppliers and management to resolve outstanding issues.
- Meet with partner suppliers to get updates and learn about new products.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Travel to Denver for occasional meetings and trainings and to Africa for familiarization trips.
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Effective sales and closing techniques
- Ability to quickly understand customer needs and establish positive relationships with them
- Ability to find solutions to customer problems
- Ability to work with a team
- Mastery of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with or willingness to quickly master productivity tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills.
Candidates must be dedicated to excellence, have a passion for travel and enjoy designing and selling customized tours. Candidates must have traveled to some key destinations in Africa. They must have a minimum of three years of experience designing and selling tours, preferably to high-end customers.
Why You Want This Job:
- You have a passion for Africa and secondarily, Asia, Antarctica and/or Central & South America.
- You are industrious.
- You like to work with other highly productive people in a collaborative environment.
- You enjoy the sales process including quickly understanding your customers and meeting sales quotas.
- You are a high-energy person, motivated to exceed expectations.
- You enjoy meeting customer needs.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, including a statement about why you want this job, and resume to email@example.com.