We currently have an opening for a Journey Specialist and a Bookkeeper.
Job Title: Journey Specialist (Inside Sales)
Job Description: Award-winning outbound tour operator seeks a qualified Journey Specialist to help us expand our geographical coverage and assist with current Africa business. The Journey Specialist is an inside sales position—working out of our Denver-based office or from your home-based office—focused on designing and selling customized tours and safaris to wildlife and adventure destinations throughout East and Southern Africa, India, Asia, Antarctica, and South America. The Journey Specialist should be able to work independently, but in a team-based atmosphere, focusing on consultative sales. He or she should also enjoy managing the operational, customer service and financial aspects of each booking.
- Quickly and accurately qualify leads via email correspondence and phone interviews.
- Use consultative sales approach to design and sell customized tours.
- Accurately prioritize work based on profitability and likelihood of closing the sale.
- Research and design creative customized safari and tour proposals to meet client expectations.
- Identify competitive and other threats to closing sales and implement strategic responses.
- Effectively work with support team to research and sell insurance and flight options.
- Work strategically with destination-based partners to price and reserve itineraries.
- Answer pre-trip questions and manage itinerary, date and flight changes.
- Post-trip follow-up including interviews with returning clients and investigating complaints and working with partner suppliers and management to resolve outstanding issues.
- Use WETU to create itineraries. Training available.
- Meet with partner suppliers to get updates and learn about new products.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Gather marketplace information on pricing, products, and new developments, trends, etc.
Skills: Ability to meet sales goals; effective sales and closing techniques; ability to quickly understand customer needs and establish positive relationships with them; ability to find solutions to customer problems; ability to work with a team; mastery of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Familiarity with or willingness to quickly master WETU and CRM products; excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills.
Experience/Qualifications: Candidates must be dedicated to excellence, have a passion for travel, and enjoy designing and selling customized tours. Candidates must have traveled to their top destinations and be willing to learn the African safari business. They must have a minimum of three years of experience designing and selling tours, preferably to high-income, high-budget customers.
Why You Want This Job:
- You have a passion for Africa, Asia, Antarctica and/or Central & South America.
- You are industrious and like the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
- You like to work with other highly productive people in a collaborative environment.
- You enjoy the sales process and meeting quotas.
- You are a high-energy person, motivated to exceed expectations.
- You enjoy meeting customer needs.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and will include a base plus bonuses on sales performance and conversions.
Email cover letter, including a statement about why you want this job, and resume to [email protected].
Job Description: Award-winning travel company seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and computer-savvy bookkeeper and administrator to help us grow and thrive. Successful candidates will be experts with QuickBooks and be able to perform general bookkeeping functions including data-entry, high volume accounts payable and accounts receivable entries, bank reconciliations, electronic wire and check processing, etc. The Bookkeeper will also assist with general office administration as needed.
- Manage all bookkeeping functions in QuickBooks.
- High volume A/P and A/R with international vendors and US vendors
- Client invoicing
- Reconciling bank and merchant accounts
- Creating journal entries
- Communicating with customers, suppliers and banks via email (Outlook), Skype and phone
- Entering various forms of payments
- Working with CPA to create accountant and year-end reports
- Some general office support, including electronic filing, ordering supplies, answering phones, greeting guests, and supporting the rest of the staff.
- Mastery of general bookkeeping and accounting principles
- MUST be fluent in QuickBooks
- Positive and VERY detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Great time management
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of computers and systems
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Quick learner
- Experience with CRM/database systems such as SmartSheet a bonus
- Experience in the travel industry a bonus
- Previous experience in both QuickBooks and Excel
- Ability to work in our office 30 hours per week minimum
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].