1. To date, there is no Ebola in East or Southern Africa.
2. Our destination countries have very strict immigration policies for impacted countries and people.
3. Our destination countries have better healthcare systems and more resources to deal with a potential outbreak.
4. Our destinations are typically more than 3,000 miles from the affected countries in West Africa.
5. It helps the people in Africa at a time when some are losing crucial income due to decreased tourism.
6. It helps the wildlife in Africa. Visitor dollars are the primary source of funding for many of the major parks in Africa.
7. Space is limited and forward bookings are already good: When the situation stabilizes and the outbreak contained, more people will start to book their safaris. By then, it may be too late to get space at the best camps and lodges.
8. Africa Adventure Consultants is offering a $500 booking bonus for safaris confirmed with deposit before December 31, 2015
Photos courtesy AAC client Cecily Shaefer-Spitz