Favorite Romantic Camps and Lodges
Valentine’s Day may have passed but romance lives on! This time of year has us busy planning romantic journeys and honeymoons, which means we’re thinking of our favorite romantic camps and lodges in Africa and beyond. Here’s our short list – but we have lots of ideas up our sleeves! Contact a Journey Specialist to talk about planning your own customized romantic safari.
- Angama Mara Camp – Kenya – set on the very site where some of the most romantic scenes in Out of Africa were filmed, including the picnic scene featured on the movie’s poster. As a nod to that great love story, the lodge offers intimate picnics on the crest of the hill in the background. For the hopeless romantics and Out of Africa addicts (we admit, this includes us!), this experience is always a highlight of a stay.
- Loisaba Starbeds – Kenya – Drifting off to sleep under a blanket of stars then rising early to watch sunrise from your Starbed with a comforting hot beverage – Loisaba Star Beds epitomize romance! Your day ahead promises adventure, with myriad safari activities on offer. The day is rounded off with drinks by a crackling fire in the Starbeds lounge, sharing tall tales of the African bush, with the tale-telling continuing over a delicious shared dinner.
- Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp – South Africa – One of our favorite camps for romantic travelers is Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp in South Africa. The game viewing is terrific, but it’s the intimate nature of the camp – just 6 suites, each with a gorgeous soaking tub as well as an outdoor hot tub – that makes it such a great option for lovebirds.
- Bisate Lodge – Rwanda – The architecture and rooms are stunning, the setting is very romantic, and the fireplace in the room is an awesome feature! Plus, what’s more romantic than adventuring through the rainforest with your loved one followed by a candlelight dinner in a cozy lodge before retiring to your incredible suite?
- Sanctuary Baines’ Camp – Botswana – With a stay at Baines’ you’ll get to meet the elephants, sleep out on the deck, sip Champagne in your outdoor bathtub and more! The camp has only 5 rooms, so it’s very private and intimate – perfect for couples!
- Serengeti Bushtops Camp – Tanzania – Picture yourself gazing out over the stunning scenery of the Serengeti – perhaps from your tent’s private hot tub. Consider the thrill of watching the annual migration thunder across the mighty Mara river along with all of the other wildlife the Serengeti is known for. In addition to safari thrills, you and your loved one will be pampered by your butler and enjoy romantic evenings with fabulous food and fine wines during your stay.
Categories: Best Africa Accommodations, Best African Accommodations, honeymoon safaris, photographic safaris, Romantic safaris, Travel Tips, Trekking, wildlife